Welcome to Self, World, and God!
Below is the syllabus that was created when the course was taught on-campus, and the video-lectures were created.
I have tried as much as is possible to duplicate that course in this offering.
When the course was taught on campus the class met Monday through Thursday each week. In addition the class met Monday evening to watch a weekly movie. I have recreated that in the organization for our course, but since it is “asynchronous” you are free to do the reading and studying the video-lectures as your schedule permits.
I devoted a good deal of the first class session to going over the syllabus. Here’s a link to that lecture:
Video Lecture: Introductory Lecture One
I repeat this many times, but it is important enough that I need to start with this: carefully studying the video-lectures is essential to doing well in this course!
The course is organized in the following way:
- There are three main modules corresponding to the three “take-home” essay exams.
- The first exam covers the material in Weeks 1, 2, & 3
- The second exam covers the material in Weeks 4, 5, & 6
- The final exam covers the material in Weeks 7, 8, 9, & 10
- In addition, I have created separate modules for the written assignments, and some preliminary information.